At the end of March, not long after the onset of the public health restrictions ordered by the Government of Ontario, the CBYC Sailing School decided to continue accepting registrations for its summer 2020 youth and adult learn-to-sail programs while we gathered information on the longer-term impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and new procedures for managing its effects.

Now, at the end of May, the Sailing School has had to make the very difficult decision to cancel youth and adult learn-to-sail programs for the coming season. The social distancing and other public health restrictions expected to remain in effect in Ontario throughout the summer make it impossible to deliver an effective and safe summer camp experience for youth, or adult keelboat program. While disappointing, we believe it is the right decision to protect the health and safety of our participants, instructors, volunteers, club members, families, and our community.

Accordingly, the Sailing School will be proceeding with the cancellation of all current registrations. Any fees paid in advance will be refunded in full.

Should provincial restrictions change again in the coming weeks, we will of course take time to reconsider the Sailing School’s current decision in light of all new conditions. The staff and volunteers at the CBYC Sailing School are looking forward to a time when we can again gather together and enjoy the sport of sailing that we all love so much.

If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Sailing School Director or School Administrator by email or telephone.


Robert Mackey
Sailing School Director
Collins Bay Yacht Club