We are a yacht club hosted by the privately owned Collins Bay Marina. The Marina is located at the head of Collins Bay, five nautical miles west of Kingston. Through the generosity and cooperation of Collins Bay Marina, we are able to participate in the reciprocal program. It is the Marina staff who greet and assign visitors to available slips. The Yacht Club itself owns no slips, and is therefore limited in the number of reciprocating slips which can be made available.
The layout of the Marina is given in a harbour chart.
During winter our reciprocal committee meets to review the proposed reciprocal Club list. Invitations are sent out and providing we receive a reciprocal invitation the club is placed on our reciprocal list for the current season.
See the listing of current Reciprocal Clubs. This is up to date as of the time of publishing. A current list of reciprocal clubs is maintained in the Marina Office.
- One (1) free night of docking (in any 7-day period) is available to visiting members of reciprocating clubs.
- Docking is provided in vacant slips of signed-out CBYC members.
- Visitors must arrive within the hours of operation of the Marina, which are as follows:
Summer Hours: Monday to Thursday 8 am to 6 pm; Friday and Saturday 8 to 8; Sunday 8 to 7. Off Season (Spring & Fall) Hours: 8 am to 5 pm daily.
- Requests for reciprocal privileges must be made upon arrival. Refunds will not be granted to those requesting reciprocal privileges after a slip has been paid for.
- Reciprocal slips are allocated on a first come,first served basis. Reservations are not accepted (except for paid slips).
- Additional nights are charged at $1.50/ft + GST.
When you arrive, please:
- Register by contacting Collins Bay Marina staff who monitor VHF Channel 68.
Marina staff will meet you at the gas dock, located at the end of the break-wall near the entrance to the harbour.
- Present a current membership card in a recognized reciprocating club and
- Fly your club burgee.
Facilities at the Marina include power and water at each slip, washrooms, gas, diesel, pumpout and ice. A mast crane and 65-ton crane are also available.
The CBYC executive list will be on display at our floating clubhouse, “S.S. Maria”. Ask the Marina staff for the combination to the clubhouse.