In February of this year, anticipating that provincial public-health guidelines would allow us to run both our youth and adult learn-to-sail programs this summer, the CBYC Sailing School began planning in earnest for both programs, including establishing COVID related protocols, and accepting pre-registrations the youth program.

Now, at the beginning of June, the Sailing School has had to make the very difficult decision to cancel youth and adult learn-to-sail programs for the second year in a row. The social distancing and other public health restrictions expected to remain in effect this summer during the Ontario Reopening Plan make it impossible to deliver an effective and safe summer camp experience for youth, or adult keelboat program.

Accordingly, the Sailing School will be proceeding with the cancellation of all current registrations. Any fees paid in advance will be refunded in full.

The staff and volunteers at the CBYC Sailing School are looking forward to a time when we can again gather together and enjoy the sport of sailing that we all love so much.

If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Sailing School Administrator by email or telephone.


Darlene Amirault
Sailing School Administrator
Collins Bay Yacht Club